Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

You can knock all you want but no one is letting you in.

The second round of play dates is now occurring.  The second round means that someone is either reciprocating the play date or we are asking the child over again (It is usually the latter.)  There are some kids that I do want over but after round 1, some have been cut.  Consider the door locked..you can knock all you want but no one is letting you in.  Let's review the kids:

Child A:  You seemed okay but you wouldn't say anything when I said hello.  You just stared at me like I had a booger on my face.  It freaked me out a little.  Move to the side, you are on the waiting list.

Child B:  I loved Child B!  This little boy was so great.  The highlight was when we were sitting down having a snack of Pirate's Booty and a juice box.  I asked him if there was a favorite TV show that he liked to watch.  He said that he liked The Voice AND THEN, asked me what I liked to watch.  Holy crap..this kid is going to be money with the ladies down the road. He is definitely in!  (And secretly I would like him to be Laurel's prom date..you know, planning ahead.)

Child C:  I absolutely not.  This was the little girl that lied to Laurel and said she met Katy Perry.  Trying to solicit a Sprite too..give this girlie 3 years and she is going to openly role her eyes at me.

Child D:  Very sweet girl--she is in.  She also liked to play with Rachel.  Her mom was pretty fancy--make up and done hair.  Holy Christ..thankfully, I am pretty sure my sweatshirt wasn't stained that day.  On Saturday, not only am I not fancy but probably not showered.  (Pretty sure that remnants of eye make up from the prior day are still there too.)

Child E  You were okay but don't freakin' hide your socks in Laurel's bed and then expect me to find them as your mom "is in a hurry".  I don't need that shit at 4:00 on a Saturday--you pushed me to the bottle sooner than expected.

Child F-This little girl blended with the other kids.  But I liked the mom..didn't try too hard..maybe she is like me and doesn't like people.  Perhaps she likes them quiet and mean..just like me!

Child G--This kid is on my shit list and is considered worse than kid C.  She used our hardwood stairs as a slide, then decided to use our the banister and rungs (of the stairs) as a jungle gym.  The mom just looked at me and said, jokingly, "Is that okay?"  Are you freakin' kidding me?  When Laurel followed suit, I told her that climbing like that was unacceptable.  But the mom didn't get the hint.  She was too busy admiring (with her husband) how open our dining room and are kitchen are.  This isn't an open house, and my ziti, eggplant, pancetta bake is 4 minutes from dinging.  Get the hell out of here.

Child H--This little girl was a stereotypical little girl--bows and dolls.  She was well spoken and wanted me to play with her and Laurel.  Her mom seemed nice too.  What I found particularly comforting was her 3 year old sister screaming in the background as a confirmed over the phone.  My girls don't let me talk on the phone either.  Maybe it's your sister that I want to come over and play..or perhaps you and Rachel will scheme in the future.

So the score is:
B, D, F, H--In
A, D..Not sure..perhaps in desperation
C and G--Not on your life but you will probably be over the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment