Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Holy shit..this isn't going to happen in the after life..right?

I have this terrible of habit of letting an early morning incident deem the rest of my day.  I am trying to get over this..but some times it just festers like sore, chapped lips or that nail that broke on your way to work and now it's so rough and you can't help but keep trying to make it better.

This morning started out great.  I was fresh as a daisy..put on a suit that didn't fit but cinched the belt enough so the waist fit.  Rachel was in a great mood during drive and drop off.  (Granted she crushed about 80 cheez-it's on the back seat, but CCW can get that with the dustbuster later. That freaker was the one who gave her those cheesy crackers.)

I got to my parking lot..what I call the bitch lot.  This is the far parking lot that drivers get after they get to work after 8:17..since I dropped Rachel off, the bitch lot has my name on it.  I hate being behind drivers in this lot..they can't get close enough to swipe their card, assuming they have the card ready.  Really?  This morning, my card cracked and it doesn't work. I am at the gate and it won't open.  (Holy shit..this isn't going to happen in the after life..right?) I have to make six cars back up so I can back up too and get out of the line and then raise freakin' hell with the parking attendant..essentially I have become the driver that I swear at everyday.

This is my down fall..I was in a good mood, and now am I not? Work through it!!  Your kids are safe and healthy. CCW is there too. (yay!)  I now think of those figure skaters that have all the promise prior to the long program but 40 seconds in (the program), their ass smacks the ice.  They have 3 minutes and 20 seconds and they still get up and smile.  Really?  I have no idea how they do this..and keep from crying.

I am trying to will myself to have a good day..I woke up with the intent of having a good day!  Happy place..you know.."Good morning funny lady..Your blog is so good.  You have a talent"..

I have to think of these things and I focus..just like CCW tells Laurel prior to math or soccer.  I push through and the day is ends up being okay.  But God damn..it was longer than 3 min, 20 seconds..I would have flipped the judges off and blown that long program.

No comments:

Post a Comment