Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You can always win with me with either chips and guac OR a hunk of soft cheese.)

Late Sunday afternoon, Ching said he needed to go to Trader Joe's to get these dried apple rings that are now his new favorite snack.  Please keep in mind on Saturday, when I went grocery shopping, I specifically asked, "Is there anything in particular that you would like?"  His response was the standard, "nope."  I think now he wishes that I had picked them up because he is acting about as shifty as a 17 year old buying condoms at a gas station.  Perhaps there is something more?

So, this Sunday, Ching decides that he also wants something sweet. This is where the shiftiness is coming from..the same that I get when I want a bottle of wine but..(you know, it's only Tuesday.)  But I don't initially know that..I just think he has one short errand to TJ's.   His short errand seems to take longer than anticipated..seems as though he is harvesting the apples as well.  Finally he gets home and I ask:
(J) "Is everything okay?"
(C) "Yeah, why?"
(J) "You just took much longer than expected.  I was worried."
(C)"Oh, I went to Whole Foods too."
(J) "What did you get?"
(C) "An individual strawberry shortcake..(oh, here it comes..3, 2, 1 ) for me."
(J) "And me?"
(C) " Well nothing..you didn't ask."
(I didn't know he was going there.  We have been married for almost nine God damned years..you can always win with me with either chips and guac OR a hunk of soft cheese.)
(C) "Do you want me to go back?  No..really?"

It's the gesture..take a guess!  (Obviously the idea of Valentine's Day has now dissipated like a fart in the wind.)Even if I don't want it initially..it will keep for several days!

I have this notion of taking his laundry and piling it in a stinky corner.  Dinner is made just for me and the girls.  Clutter of his is kept all over perhaps even in his bed.  Groceries..just for me, Laurel and Rachel--nothing that he would specifically want.

"Oh, you wanted (laundry, dinner, maid service, groceries) too?  You didn't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment