Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

When it was just me, there were nights that I would just eat ice cream sandwiches and drink wine.

There are days when I come home in a rush and I ask myself, "What did I do with my time before the girls?"  Usually I think I have no time and I am jealous of the childless and single that say they don't have time..and they don't even know.  But with me, I try to think about before..but the thought of no girls..it just isn't natural.  My girls, my family are a constant like turning on the water faucet and expecting water.  But there was a time before this that I just can't remember..

Every so often, I do make fleeting comparisons, especially around dinner time.  When it was just me, there were nights that I would just eat ice cream sandwiches and drink wine.  When I married Ching, dinners were amazing..specific main, side and a vegetable which may not sound like a big deal but, now, there are times when my side comes out of a canister and takes 5 minutes to make.  So gross...but Ching loves it.  (Please remember that his family eats potatoes out of a box.)

Rather than spending my time, it is now about saving time. Time that was taken for granted, years ago. Instead of lovingly making a lemon drop martini (2 clicks Citron, 1 click Cointreau, fresh lemon and fine sugar in the shaker), it's now about straight Citron in a glass.  Granted I want to avoid explaining the shaker to my girls.."Mommy..why do you have a rattle?" (Me-- "Hey is that the Fresh Beat Band that I hear?")

I tend to sniff clothes and hope for clean rather than just choose only folded clothes.  I have re-used socks that were stuffed in the sneakers (don't judge.)  I don't want to spend more time doing laundry.

I had so much time prior to the girls..I spent hours at the gym.  I took Chinese classes for a year (while I remember nothing, major suck up points with Aunt Angela and Uncle Ming-Luh) and planned a wedding.  Honestly the wedding (and thank you notes) were nothing..the Chinese, very hard.

But other than the gym, classes..I don't think I did much.  Perhaps I slept a lot because I am very tired now..Maybe, I just watched too much television..(lots of episodes of Friends--we will address that later).  What did you do?  Please tell me that you can't remember either?

No comments:

Post a Comment