Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Laurel keeps singing the Kit Kat jingle..yeah, give me a break.

I have been looking forward to this day for some time.  I coordinated the girls' doctors appointment-same day, one right after the other.  (I also have a soothing feeling when I go to their doctor's office when it is just a check up.  There is a sense of pride that I have when they grow a little bit more..like it was all me and my magic chicken nuggets or something.)

After the appointments, I am taking the girls back to school and relishing a little Jude time.  (What to have for lunch..maybe I will take a short nap or make my blog look prettier.)

When I got to the office, there wasn't the typical greeting that I have gotten used to over the past six years.  I immediately apologize for being four minutes late--never want to piss the nurses off.  The crap they have to deal with on a day to day basis..calls from panicked mothers, describing mucus and bowel movements over the phone..Good Lord.

"Good Morning.  My apologies for being late.  I have both of my girls here--the last name is Wang, Laurel and Rachel.  They have a 10:15"
(There is a look of panic that is not particularly soothing)  "Their appointments are at 10:15..but tomorrow."

Son of a bitch.  There is no proof that they told me 3/21 but put it in the computer for 3/22.  Even thought while I made this appointment, I was staring at my desk calendar..it's huge.  Surprisingly I stay calm while they tell me that they are booked solid--10:30 and 10:45 appointments were all ready there.  I don't go ape shit because I can't jeopardize this relationship because you know in a few weeks, I will be one of those mothers calling about mucous or poo.  I was in shock..and I kind of felt ashamed too..so I skulk away past the 10:30 and 10:45 appointments, no medical care for my girls today..

How am I going to fix this?  Do I call and re-schedule, do I take just a half day tomorrow and then go to work?  God, I feel like an idiot and I have to explain this to Ching.  All this is going through my head as Rachel is babbling to herself and Laurel keeps singing the Kit Kat jingle..yeah, give me a break.

After Rachel is dropped off, I bring Laurel to her classroom.  Immediately she announces with exasperation that her appointment is tomorrow.  (I think I caught an eyeroll.)  Her teacher looks at me and immediately knows my predictament.  "You took today off, didn't you?  Honestly, I thought this only happens to me..you just made my day."  Glad her day was made because mine is now shot to shit.

My Jude time is gone.  Even if I do something for myself, I still underlying guilt of messing up the day.  I contemplate going into work but instead I do what I was meant to do which is picking up everyone else's crap..cheerios of the carpet, random dirty socks, etc.  Honestly, I am also questioning my sanity..I swear they said March 21 at 10:15.

Not only that, I have this huge pimple on the side of my face.  What is this,1987?

No comments:

Post a Comment