Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Boring fact filled snoozers on the left, smut on the right...

Big thank you to Kelley and Heidi!  Both forwarded my blog on Facebook and I got 102 hits today! (Probably helped too that I used the word fart in the teaser--the words boob, strippers, nip and fart seem to be money words.)

I don't know if I have told you this but CCW doesn't read my blog.  He claims that it may invade my privacy and hinder the creative process.  I just don't think he would like it..not because of the choice Wang stories that I describe but my writing is very different than what he normally reads.  The books he reads are those that I tried to avoid buying in college--fact filled and void of dialogue.   His favorite genre is Europe, Pre-World War II..with maps.  CCW feels as though he has scored when there is an old map placed in like a centerfold.  The whole thing had a creepy dungeon and dragons feel.  (He said wasn't into D+D but I am not sure why he doesn't fess up--he all ready got the girl.)

When we first started dating I joked, (after seeing his book choice) that maybe he should read encyclopedias too.
C-"Oh I have..when I was young."
J-"For God's sake, why?"
C-"They were there."
(Dude you read the cereal box because "it was there." Who picks up an entire set of Encyclopedia Britannica for the sheer pleasure?)
We started joking that he reads "smart books".  Apparently my smutty crotch novels with bright covers don't qualify.  This was fully realized when we were moving in together for the first time and, combined, had boxes of books.  As we started to fill shelves with glass plated doors, Ching said, that perhaps we could put all of his smart books out so guests could see those?  Apparently my dumb books could be relegated to a old book shelf in the den.  We ended up splitting the good shelves..boring fact filled snoozers on the left, smut on the right.

On our Hawaiian honeymoon, Ching's beach book was an 1800 page book on Europe.  As we are lying in the cabana, this book is seriously shading some of the son.  I know other chicks are passing by impressed by the size of his book and probably wondered how I reeled this fish in..

No comments:

Post a Comment