Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three Things That You Don't Want to Say During Morning Drop Off...

Following up on my January 26th entry, Ching and I Grease the Wheels of Parenthood, bribing has definitely biten me in the ass every so often.  (Let me make it clear that Rachel receives excellent care.)  Last week when I dropped off Rachel, I apparently had no filter. I had my pants on (12/19)..but no filter. Perhaps it was all the endorphins that I had flowing after my morning car seat ritual with my sparing partner, little Rachel J.  I just started rambling to one of her teachers:

Rachel may be a little wired this morning.  I just gave her a few Lorna Doones to get her into the car seat.  She has some sugar coursing through her veins.  She loves LD's.  She sucks them down like crack.  Or maybe she is just acting a little weird again.
Oh crap..I stop in my tracks.  Within 15 seconds, I just admitted to:
1. Giving my daughter cookies before 8 am.
2. I just compared those cookies to an illegal substance.
3. And I just called her weird.

Oh man..the two teachers do not really say anything but if they did it would just be an "Ohhh-kay."  I can see it in their eyes.  They all ready think I am..well, I don't know.  But I am convinced that there is a running joke through the center about my promptness at 8 am.  The door is on a timer and right at 8, the door unlocks and you need a key card to enter.  As soon as they hear the first key card click, I am sure it's like "Oh I told you it would be the Wang mom. You owe me $5."  If I were them, I would make the joke that I would prefer a drive-thru child drop off.  (Honestly, how awesome would that be?)

This is an issue that I have.  When I write out my inner voice there is an opportunity to edit it or a do over..  When I just say what I think there is no opportunity for editing and my thought will frequently go over like a lead balloon.

So getting back to the situation.  I can't take it back; it's out there..it's awkward but I just keep moving like I didn't hear what I just said. But note to self:  In the future don't mention bribes, drugs or call her weird during drop off.  I can't believe that I have to say that out loud.  But let's look at the positive, I know I have my pants on and I didn't even have to look down to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment