Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sorry kid, we're a Fresca family..

When I was a kid, there was no coordination of schedules to play with another kid.  It seems more complicated now to make sure Laurel has someone to play with during at least one afternoon on the weekend.  I will give Mr Ching Wang props on this.  He is the master for sending out an e-mail to a parent by Wednesday to see if their kid is available for Saturday.  (Getting Laurel a date for the prom better not be this complicated.) If the weather is nice, he will take both kids to the park.  (His other option is staying at home and folding laundry or something else that is boring and domestic)

There is always that nicey-nice awkward phase when you are meeting the other parents.  They quickly look inside the home to make it looks okay (no open wires, jagged glass..)and of course we are also sizing each other up to make sure that we are all sane.  This is when happy chit chat happens..I hate this part.  I usually make some idiotic comment, trying to be funny but resulting in sounding like an asshole.  This is why I always want Ching there..he is much better than me.  I just want to be left alone folding my laundry.

I really love it when the other parents initiate the date.  It means that Laurel is going over to the other house.  It's not that I don't want Laurel in our home..it's the other kid.  He/She could be the sweetest kid but I can't help feeling like my space is invaded. Prior to a each date at our house, I tell myself to calm down about my space..I am okay for awhile but at the 90 minute mark, I get agitated and want the kid to leave.

Almost all the kids that have come over have been very kind and (for the first 90 minutes) I enjoy having them around..except one.  I overhead this one telling Laurel that she met Katy Perry.  Give me a break.  (The worse part was that Laurel was eating it up.)  This little twerp kept dropping hints that she would like me to offer her a Sprite. Sorry kid, we're a Fresca family.  I have juice or water..she reluctantly took the juice.   I am screwed with this girl..she is going to stick around forever.  The bad ones always do.  She is going to become my nemisis and corrupt my Laurel..probably with Marlboro Lights and Tequila...maybe even before Rachel does.

No comments:

Post a Comment