Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

..And then proceeded to give herself a yogurt facial..

Last night I made grilled chicken breasts and stuffed red bell peppers for dinner.  The peppers were stuffed with saffron rice, provolone and pine nuts--baked to perfection. (I will admit that I lean on my culinary prowess to avoid other activities. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about..)

Anyway, Laurel told me that it was the best dinner ever.  It would warm my crusty ticker if she actually ate the above dinner. Her dinner consisted of 2 chicken nuggets left over from McDonalds, 1 slice of leftover Bertucci's cheese pizza, berries and cantalope.  Rachel was no better.  She refused my initial offering (of chicken and rice) and just ate yogurt.  Most of it anyway, and then proceeded to give herself a yogurt facial.

Why have I become a short order cook?  Sometimes I do it out of laziness.  Rather than argue and barter (3 more bites and then a cookie), I just cover the veggie food group with the V-8 V-Fusion juice and protein with chicken nuggets.  Dairy, fruit and carbs are a snap.  But should I really give either of them a choice or cave?  When I was a kid, what was served for dinner, was your dinner.

There is a tiny sliver of me that thinks they are going to starve, and I know that they are definitely not going to starve.  Laurel is growing like a weed--she is 98 percentile for height.  I joke that her real daddy is Yao Ming.   (Mr Ching Wang is 5'4") And Rachel..well Rachel is definitely her father's daughter..nice and robust.  She could live off her left thigh for a week.

I have created this monster..it's the bed I have made..wearing two chef hats every night..Julia Child for Ching and Rachel Ray for the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment