Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

It has kind of turned me into a weirdo but in a good way.

Something different is happening to me..no it's not the change.  I think I have found my gig..it's this blog!  It's crazy. It has kind of turned me into a weirdo but in a good way.  In the past, I did like to write colored commentary but that was right out of college.  The only subject I had or could joke about was the angst of not having a boyfriend. (Why doesn't he like me?) While I thought no one would want to hear about that subject ironically just a handful of years later people were clamoring to watch Sex and the City.  When I became a mom, I had all sorts of things to say.  Some people ask me why I don't write about my work.  I just don't want to.  Being a mom..and yes, a wife is something that gives me a whole heart.  Even though my heart is full..some days it is full of joy, some days full of snark.

I have put my life out there and am finding that I am promoting it more than I show off pictures of my girls.  Last night I bought business cards, note cards and t-shirts..really. I kind of feel like a pimp..you want a literary good time?  The funny thing is that I have been in sales in over 10 years.  Back in the '90's, we all started in retail.  "Oh no, those jeans make you look great..not fat at all.  Then in the financial world..long term care, mutual funds, annuities?  Have you thought about your own personal pension?  Over the years, it just became my job but I kept it to myself.  This is very different..I want to put this out there..everywhere.  Pardon the cliche but I feel like a Vegas stripper with new boobs.

Thankfully my girls can't read yet.  They have no idea that I am using this venue as an outlet.  Even though I think Rachel is catching on..I can see it in her eyes.  Ching is a little paranoid.  But the paranoia helps me..he actually tries to look for the toilet paper now rather than just yelling my name.  I do try to tell him when I praise him in the blog like last night and his tuxedo awesomeness..of course he doesn't know about the taco night dialogue.  If he did, he probably wouldn't have bought his casual khakis with the elasticized waist.

I sincerely appreciate the interest and positive feedback.  This is the closest that I can offer to a hug..like I said before, I really don't like to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment