Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

See what Rachel's mom sent..AGAIN!?

Laurel has been eating the same lunch for 3 years..half a blueberry bagel with butter, gogurt, applesauce, jello and juice (V8 for the veggies, remember?).  Recently, I have been sneaking fresh fruit like melon because every morning when I close her lunchbox, I ask myself, "Is there any food in her food?"  Yesterday there was even less food for her. At 6:00 pm, I opened the microwave and found her now hard, cold buttered bagel that I should have put in her lunchbox at 6 am. She said it wasn't a big deal.  She looked at me in this reassuring way as opposed to accusatory which I silented appreciated.

Speaking of accusatory looks..let's talk about Rachel's lunch.  I do pack her lunch for her daycare.  Over the past few weeks, she has just wanted yogurt at home but I can't just pack that for her lunch.  Also Rachel is pretty messy with yogurt.  I know when they open the fridge and see that I packed yogurt for Rachel, the teachers must roll their eyes and silently curse. (See what Rachel's mom sent..AGAIN!?)  With the yogurt, I will put some fresh fruits and steamed veggies. Frequently I have been adding a blueberry waffle cut up in squares. Over the past few weeks, Rachel has seemed okay with that choice. Last night during pick up, I got that conversation that started with "So at lunch, Rachel.."  and of course inside I say.."oh crap.."

"Rachel didn't like her choices again today." (What do you mean again?..first I heard.  If it's gone from the container when I am cleaning stuff out, I am assuming she is eating it or chucking it on the floor)
"She has been eating the other kids' food"  (Oh, Christ)
"She seems to really like turkey and cheese."  (Really? Because she usually smashes it on the wall at home)
"I think the waffle choice has run it's course. Have you tried giving her turkey and cheese?"  (Holy Christ on crutches..I need to get out of this conversation)

"Well that's good to know because I am going to the grocery store this evening."  (That was fact, not a line..really)  "I will give her turkey and cheese along with her other fruits and veggies."

As I write this, it is her lunchtime.  I am a betting woman and I would bet she is eating the turkey and cheese.  I can hear it at pick up.."she really liked the turkey and cheese today".  Awesome..Just another notch...

No comments:

Post a Comment