Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I thought it would just be about cupcakes on a non-religious holiday.

Within Laurel's pink personalized backpack, there is a red folder that rotates from school to home. This red folder is my God damn nemesis. This folder is sent home with Laurel with art, notices and personal notes from her teacher.  If I want to send a note back, I was directed to put one in the folder.  The folder has been empty on her way back to school since September. (It's hard enough to send my mom and sister a birthday card..holy Christ, I am not sending her teacher a note.)

Artwork is stuffed in this red folder.  As you recall, I have a three step process for Laurel's art:
Anything with glued on do-dads or shit will go in my pile (for the trash when it's mid level)
Anything that are doodles on scrap paper will also go in my pile (for the trash when it's mid level)
Work from Art Class will be considered.  If it resonates, I will keep, if not..the pile (trash, mid level)
(If you don't now about my art disposal, please refer to Attijude dated 12/14)

Every week, her teacher will sent a re-capping note.  But it's not just a note..it's a small typed note, on a cut out object with some stickers attached.  Are you freakin' for real?  Just typing out the description was a pain in the ass..I can't imagine cutting out 22 individual objects.

What I am really trying to avoid are the freakin' planning notes. What will Laurel need during the next couple of weeks?  With various lessons, Laurel needs to bring in certain things.  The last time I had to send something was during a growth lesson.  My assignment was to bring four different pictures of Laurel with a timeline of newborn to present.  I was so grateful that I had printed pictures of Laurel.  If this were Rachel, I would be absolutely screwed.  I have only six printed pictures from her first month of life.  (I think she realized this and gave me the finger.)

During this last week, I was instructed that Laurel needs to bring a stuffed animal in two days--I can handle that (and I hope I remember).  But on 2/8, she needs to wear something with 100 objects because 2/8 is the 100th day of school.  Are you God damn kidding me?  Laurel wants to string Cheerios for a necklace (probably a recommendation from Paul or that twerp from the Saturday play date wanting a Sprite--Entries 1/12 and 1/8, respectively).  I am trying to go for an object a little stronger like Lifesavers.  The Cheerios will break--trying to avoid the morning routine breakdown.  On 2/14, we have valentines cards to send in to class--all 22 and then one for that Paul.

The irony of these notifications is if they were sent too late, I would curse the teacher.  Too early, I am cringing with fear that I will forget the task.  I mark it on the calendar..hoping that I will see it at the appropriate time. When Laurel started school, I thought it would just be about two dozen cupcakes on a non-religious holiday...in reality, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment