Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I go for classic..Ching goes for skanky.

Golden Globes are on tonight.  This award show intrigues me every year.  Not sure if it seems like an award show party or the fact that it is a combo television movie thing.  You know how every young girl dreams of her wedding? Not me. I wanted and still want to go to the Globes.  Realistically, the only possibility that I could go would be if I were nominated for best original screen play. (It's a movie about my life as a Wang--It's called All Wang, All the Time.)  I would wear Miss Carolina Herrera and Mr Ching Wang would rock Armani--black jacket, long tie.  In the past I have praised him for cleaning up well.  But Whoa Nellie, he gives amazing tux.

Now the crux is this:  if I were to go, and any one of my top five men showed up, I would turn into that girl and say awkward things. Statements or questions that would ramble out of my mouth would be things like  "I like that brand of cheese too" or "Did you eat your asparagus yet?"  While I think I am funny, when I am nervous, my funny borders inappropriate and awkward.

Ching and I both have a list of 10 people that we could get out of our marriage for one night if we had the opportunity to have relations.  The exercise is actually a pretty neat look into what your partner finds attractive.  I go for classic..Ching goes for skanky.  I am just happy Ching's list just has women on it (Yes, my first love was a gay man.  On our first date, I grilled Ching to make sure he just liked women--another day, another blog for that one.)  My top 5 seem to be regulars for the Globes and would turn me into absolute putty.

5.  George Clooney:  It seems obvious now but I liked this guy way back when he was on the Facts of Life and then a series regular on Sisters.  He quit Sisters when he got the ER gig and then, of course everyone liked him.  He is cool, awesome and handsome.  I think my knees would buckle if he were 3 feet away.
4.  Patrick Dempsey:  Patrick intrigues me because back in 1987 he was an absolute dork (like me!!).  And now he is just..pardon the word..dreamy.  He seems very approachable and I bet he smells amazing..like pine and Coast soap.
3.  James Gandolfini:  I have gotten a lot of crap for having this guy on my list.  He is a little portly and folically challenged.  But holy cripe, he is so cool.  His character acting is amazing..Tony S is a given but do you remember him in The Mexican?  He is polite but aloof..clearly a challenge. And I am up for that challenge.
2.  Jimmy Smits:  He hasn't been on the radar since his smokin' Bobby Simone days on NYPD Blue. His last series back in 2009  (Cane) was cancelled after a few episodes.  But I am still thinking about you Jimmy.  This guy is so attractive that I can look past the fact that he is a grown man still calling himself Jimmy.
1.  Jon Hamm:  This guy came out of no where a few years ago as Don Draper in Mad Men.  Even as a jerk in Bridesmaids..still so fine.  He is good on the funny side and the serious side.  I wish I was a loaf of bread..I would make myself a Hamm sandwich..

And my descriptions make me sound like a stalker.  I think my seat would probably be in the way back..it is going to take at least 20 seconds to get to the stage.  They better not deduct that from my speech time.

No comments:

Post a Comment