Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just another 45 year old grifter wearing Forever 21 and sporting a fake Birken.


I don't like Andy Cohen.  He makes me feel dirty every time. And I can't help but go back for a little more!  Endless cycle of saying that I won't watch, but I do, then I feel disgusted and then I swear no more but then I take another peak.  God damn you AC!

Andy Cohen is the "brain child" behind the Housewives empire.  I use the word, brain child, loosely even since he thought the word betwixt meant perplexed rather than between...idiot.  He seems to be afraid of some of these women too.  While he rightfully should, because some of them have boobs big enough to that would take you out if they turned to the left suddenly.  And I am confused too.  Some of these woman aren't even married.  Some are divorced, single and miserable or single and banging a married man.  I hate that I am putting too much thought into this.

The whole series started innocently enough as a take off of the series, Desperate Housewives.  Five wives of Orange County  became part of a new reality series.  It was a little bit about shopping, crying over men and being bitchy.  But over time, the participants (in several cities, not just the OC) have become a cartoon of the worst side of women.  Bitchy, boozy broads yelling and trying to one up each other.  (I have compared this series to going to a zoo and being entertained my watching the monkeys throw their own poo at each other.) My favorite "one up" is living beyond your means, flashing labels and then reading ten months later that they had any money.  Just another 45 year old grifter wearing Forever 21 and sporting a fake Birken.

They treat each other horribly and seem to want to re-visit junior high.  I have a little bit of a mean side but compared to these women, I am freakin' Tinkerbell.

Maybe I am annoyed because there is no talent behind this form of entertainment.  It is so cheap that I feel insulted.  But the television will remain on, perhaps in the background, on yet another re-run of Law and Order, SVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment