Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I am not sure how I am going to deal with the beeping and the blaring.


In 2013, I am looking to achieve some serenity.  Perhaps putting more things in perspective or just letting them go.  While the intention sounds easy, it will be difficult.  I couldn't even start this entry without fixing one of the crooked shades in the dining room.  Maybe, next time, the shade can wait.

As my eyes go left to right in every room, I need to come to terms with the fact that 1.) I will have kid crap all over the house until the girls aren't kids anymore.  2.)  I need to stop picking up after them.  (That goes for you too CCW...and your socks.)

I am not sure how I am going to deal with the beeping and the blaring.  Laurel is a beeper and Rachel just blares.  Laurel, who is afraid that someone is going to jump out and get her around the next corner, constantly needs to know that I am around so she beeps.  Her beeps are "mom, mom, mom, mom" until I say, "Laurel, I am here."  (I can't fault her for this.  I went through this stage too.  Back in 1980, freakin' Burger King introduced their "King", this creepy man with an unnatural looking beard.  Every time I turned on the television, there he was, creepy as ever.  I began to imagine him popping up in a window or two.  Jesus, I am lucky I didn't start wetting the bed.)

Rachel, darling bull in a china shop Rachel, is not a beeper but just blares like a horn.  I could be on the second floor on one end of the house and she could be in the basement on the other end of the house, and I can still hear her loud and clear.  It is kind of impressive and scary at the same time.  It is reminiscent of that scene in Wedding Crashers when the Will Ferrell character yells for more meatloaf from his mother.  I need to stop that yelling.  And I need to stop acting like her bitch.

I will always have work to do..(you know, the work that I actually get a paycheck for on a bi-weekly basis).  Maybe if I go with the premise of stop trying to empty my e-mail inbox, it won't constantly try to re-fill itself.  Makes no sense but that is all I have for now.

Perhaps I just need to relax a little more rather than force it.  I don't think it's going to work having that voice in my head..."Serenity..God damn it...give me freakin' serenity."  Yeah, that's the first thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment