Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2013

We have more boxes of macaroni and cheese in this house than we do toilet paper.


Every now and then, the Wang's get together with the Schwartz's--and always eating a meal.  And this is the routine that follows, as dinner (always very casual of pizza, wings, tacos, etc.) is served.  Lee (Mrs. Schwartz) and I (Mrs. Wang) get food prepped for the kids while Tony and Ching start to eat.  Mr. Schwartz and Mr. Wang start to eat even before the kids start their meal.  Lee looks at me with a "please let this be your next blog topic" gaze and then glances at Tony.  He claims that he isn't much help because he is so hungry.  I look at Ching and he stops eating.  Don't give him any credit because what he has jammed in his mouth could probably have feed three beefy toddlers for a couple of days.  Lee and I eventually eat...I don't know about you but I am usually my hungriest when I can't eat and have to cut food in tiny pieces for little people.  I could gnaw off a finger as an app.

This is something that I have come to accept---I just got used to it.  Until last night...

Ching and I have a slight change to our schedule.  He picked the girls up from school.  I told him that I would leave work by 5:30, get dry cleaning (his) and go to CVS (because JCW needs her crazy pills).  I told him that I would be home no later than 6:30.  For our dinner, we were going to heat up a lamb stew that I made a couple nights before.  While at the dry cleaners, I got a text saying that he emptied the dishwasher and he was checking to see if there was anything else that needs to be done.  I said no, thinking that he was multi-tasking with dinner and the dishwasher.  And was mildly impressed.

I get home and smell the stew re-heating.  Ching is eating his first helping.  I turn to him and ask what he made the girls.
CCW:  Well, I didn't know what you were doing for their dinner.
JCW:  So they haven't eaten?
CCW:  I didn't know when exactly you were coming home.  (It is 6:30---just like I said.)
JCW:  Have the girls eaten?
CCW:  Well, no...
JCW:  THE GIRLS HAVEN'T EATEN BUT YOU ARE?
CCW:  Yes...but I really didn't know what to make.
JCW:  We have more boxes of macaroni and cheese in this house than we do toilet paper.  That is always the fall back.

I cannot explain his thought process.  I cannot understand how Rachel didn't kick him in the leg seeing him eat as she wasn't.  Perhaps I shouldn't let him jam those three bites in his mouth prior to me getting dinner in front of the girls.

My apologies, Lee, for not writing this sooner.  If I had, the girls would have had dinner in front of them and Ching wouldn't be trying to get in my good graces (which I am milking until Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment