Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I wouldn't spend time on myself but would make chicken nuggets for Rachel's lunch at 5:45 am?


(I feel compelled to warn you.  I use questionable slang that some may use to describe female genitalia.  I didn't use the big, bad one.  And true to my word, I still have not used the f-bomb because my mother asked me not to.)

In the morning, I got into this terrible habit of minimizing my "get ready" minutes.  Foregoing make-up, wearing a "wrinkle-free" blouse out of the fresh out of the dryer, a vigorous hair brushing (rather than re-straightening) gave me minutes back.   I could get ready, with a shower, in 11 minutes.  I am not really sure why I was willing to get up earlier to make fancier lunches, unload the dishwasher or attend an 8:00 meeting but not to get ready with a little extra for myself?

I needed to change this.  It was so asinine that I wouldn't spend time on myself but would make chicken nuggets for Rachel's lunch at 5:45 am?  I was committed on giving myself 15 minutes every morning.  Regularly I would get up at 6:00 (I have become a lot faster in the making lunch department), but now I get up at 5:45.  Most people would say that they would rather sleep for an extra 15 but for me this was better than rest.  I am able to lotion (my skin is in shock..it's been awhile since I have used lotion), use make-up, press my clothes, accessorize and make my lunch.  I know this makes me sound like High Maintenance Judith but I feel so much better.  And God damn it, there is a spring in my step.  (Much to the chagrin to CCW---he had nothing to do with my bounce step.)

I don't want to give the impression that I now must go out made up.  On the weekends, when I am casual, make-up doesn't matter.  I just give myself 15 minutes on something else.  But, I do like it and I feel less...manly looking.  I am just proud that I am telling myself that I am worth 15 minutes.  Just 15...clam to glam, twat to hot.

This 15 minute commitment came just in time.  This morning I needed it to camo up a fat zit like I was 15 again.  Flashback to 1987 right in the middle of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment