Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Does her mother know that her daughter is an asshole?


I knew this kid was bad news from the start.  After one play date, I never wanted her to come over again.  It took two more play dates to convince Ching.  Call me judgemental or him, slow on the uptake.  While Laurel's friend did say please and thank you, she had this mouthy sass that was hard for me to pinpoint to Laurel.  She exaggerated, she told Laurel scary stories and that she needed to watch her calories.  Laurel told me that she intimidated other girls when working on a class project.  I told Laurel to walk away from this girl if she made her angry or sad.  Laurel said that they were the best of friends.  When her bestie challenged Ching's authority, we stopped inviting her over.

This girl is very articulate and smart.  (I am dating myself with this example.)  She reminds me of Gary Coleman (you know, Arnold from Diff'rent Strokes)...for split second, the child may seem funny but then the laughter turns uncomfortable and there is no humor.  She is being rude.  And you kind of want to smack her in the mouth.

Does her mother know this?  Does her mother know that her daughter is an asshole?  Of course, I wouldn't use that word with the mother.  I would only use it behind her back when talking to Ching.  Does the mom know that the Wangs are one of three families that have cut this girl off to any Saturday play?  As a mom, I would want to know.  But perhaps I wouldn't see.

God, if Dina Lohan could see maybe we wouldn't have been exposed to Liz and Dick.

We are biding our time with this girl.  Next year, we are asking to have Laurel in a different classroom.  Good Lord, this could get awkward.  Hope she moves away.

No comments:

Post a Comment