Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

I have tried smiling and keeping my eyes open a little wider but that just makes me look like I am being jabbed with an electric cattle prod.


Rachel isn't the only Wang that dreads picture day.  For a brief few moments between the hours of 7-8 tomorrow morning, I am getting a head shot taken for work.  Why this picture is needed, I have no idea.  But I do know this, I don't want the picture taken.  It seemed like a lifetime ago since I loved getting not only my picture taken but spending countless hours looking at myself.  (I can't even imagine how much I would have enjoyed digital back then.)

I am not horrible look at---you certainly don't cringe and avoid eye contact when you see me, but I am older.  When this picture is taken, will my age be evident?  Will the lack of elasticity of my skin burn me as I smile and the droopiness will all of a sudden be apparent?  (I have tried smiling and keeping my eyes open a little wider but that just makes me look like I am being jabbed with an electric cattle prod.)  Can you see any trace of booze bloat?  Will I have a tired yet crazy look in my eyes where you can tell that I am constantly multi-tasking?  Holy crap, now I know why Barbara Walters uses all those filters and the television screen always looks hazy.

Very rarely do I show up in a picture.  The last picture I looked at of myself and was truly amazed was the Wang wedding picture.  I look amazing...alert and have amazing make-up that would make any tranny jealous.  The picture that is on this website is 12 years old.  While the photo could be misleading advertising since it was taken prior to being married or a mother, I think of the picture as an "author shot".  This is the type of photo that would be on the back of a hard cover book jacket of "All Wang, All the Time." When the real book deal comes through, I will update my picture...so the joys of motherhood and marriage are clearly evident on my face.

Tomorrow, I will have not be able to hide behind my girls like I do in most shots.  I will try to smooth my hair until it is just a shade away from looking greasy.  I will spackle on the under eye cover up to hide any dark circles.  I will practice a couple smiles that are a fine line between not too horsey yet not having a stick up my butt.  And, of course, I will beg the photographer to let me have the final say.

No comments:

Post a Comment