Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"You are not too old to have me get this limo pulled over!"


Regardless of my political persuasion, I couldn't help but be in awe of the young daughters of the President and First Lady during the inaugural celebration.  One of the most awkward times in their lives yet they are quite poised on a global stage.  Until I was a mother of young girls, I didn't quite understand the different kind of parenting that they must receive.  I grew up watching Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton grow up during their father's terms.  I wasn't a mother yet when the Bush twins entered during their father's first term.  I was a new mom during the second term so most days, I was so disheveled that I couldn't tell you who the president was let alone care about his girls.

But watching Malia and Sasha..wow.  You can just pull that poise out of thin air just for a day.  But I would like to think there are shreds of Wang in their household too, especially yesterday morning:
Did the First Lady have to give each of them five extra minutes in bed because they were still too tired to get up?
Unlike Laurel, they seem old enough to give concern to tidy hair.  Good God, wonder what a bad hair day is like?  Who gives a crap about the new bangs on an adult?  An adult can pull behavior together along with a ponytail.  Pre-teen/teenagers, not so much.
How many times were they told to stand up straight?
The girls wore similar colors.  Do you think there was an argument about who gets to wear what complete with sassy eye rolls?
Curious if they bickered in the limo and the President or First Lady pulled the, "You are not too old to have me get this limo pulled over!"
Wonder if they grease the wheels of parenthood too?  I am sure they offer more than $1 like Ching offers to Laurel to behave during special situations.

I am sure someone wants to interject that Sasha yawned at the end of the televised swearing in ceremony.  You know how you see someone yawn and you just can't help but mimic that same action?  Well, depending on your political preference, I am assuming that Sasha did just that.  Either she saw Crazy Joe Biden yawn or Boehner let one slip...

No comments:

Post a Comment