Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

Damn it! I was going to be the fun parent...and I didn't want to cook dinner.


I wanted to be the fun parent tonight.  Ching is always a load of fun, taking the girls to play areas and gelato.  Damn it!  I was going to be the fun parent...and I didn't want to cook dinner.  Tonight Ching is out of town and rather than doing the standard McD's (at almost seven Laurel still calls it Old McDonalds) or some random restaurant, I decide to take them the Shaw's, the grocery store.  While I had to get milk, I told the girls to get whatever they would like for dinner.

I did have my reservations of doing this.  On Saturday, Laurel saw this football sized whoopie pie and I did have to consider that this may be dinner.  But I was quite surprised by Laurel's response...not by Rachel.  As soon asked her what she wanted for dinner, she screamed, "Chips!".  But Laurel was trying to figure out what she should have for dinner.  She asked for another brand of mac and cheese.  Really Laurel?  All the while, Rachel is screaming..."Chips, Chips...Give me Chips!"

Keeping Laurel away from the bakery section, I did explain that this meal could be an opportunity to have pizza, or perhaps breakfast for dinner.  Maybe she could get one of those sugary cereals that Nana gets her.  She sprinted to the cereal aisle with all the choices.  She sang eeny-meeny-myny-mo for about two minutes.  Rachel still bellowed for her chips.  And finally, Laurel chose Cookie Crisp.  (For the record, Nana never bought me any Cookie Crisp.)  Along with the cereal, we picked up two overpriced, out of season fruits...and the milk.

I did have to mediate a disagreement between the girls.  Rachel wanted potato chips while Laurel asked for Doritos.  I gave Rachel her choice because Laurel got the cereal and I didn't want either child to breathe Dorito breath on me.

I had the best dinner with my girls that consisted of Cookie Crisp, Lay's, raspberries and watermelon.  All that without having a Big Mac rock in my gut...but I do have to figure out what to do with the rest of that cereal.  Tomorrow we are back to the standard Rice Krispies...the generic version.

No comments:

Post a Comment