Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hello Kitty has nothing on these pants...these are Grade A pre-trampy.


Last night, as I was nursing a cold and a red nose, Ching took the girls to Friendly's (a place where I refuse to eat) and then to Target.  I get a text asking if the girls need anything.  I respond that they need pants...Laurel always needs an extra pair of leggings and Rachel always needs bigger pants...around the waist.  I make it clear what sizes are appropriate.  When they get home, Laurel bursts through the door to show me her new pants.  Oh God, something is definitely wrong when she wants to show me a bland pair of leggings.

Out of the bag, she pulls out a pair of bright pink, shiny, metallic leggings. (Please see below.)  Honestly my first reaction was silent jealousy.  I would have killed for a pair of pants like this when I was Laurel's age.  These were the type of pants that Olivia Newton-John could have worn in the final scene of Grease...you know, when she was "Slutty Sandy".  But then I snap back to reality.  There is a reason why I never wore pants like this.  They look so freakin' cheap and trashy!  Hello Kitty has nothing on these pants...these are Grade A pre-trampy.  Did Ching forget one of his main responsibilities as a father of a girl?  Keep them away from the pole!  These pants could be a mild pre-curser for dollars in a thong!

I know I am overreacting.  And I want Laurel to be able to express herself but not with these pants.  I also find it ironic that Ching goads and then bribes Laurel to do nightly math homework to create a numerical genius and then gets her these cheap looking pants.  Pants that scream, "I have to get your attention with these obnoxious pants rather than my intellectual prowess".

I know the predicament he was in last night.  She gravitated toward them and he couldn't say no.  He wanted to look like a hero.  And just like they look, they were literally quite cheap.  And now I am going to try to cover them up with a skirt.  Or maybe they will get "lost".  But before they are disposed of, I can look like a hero too.  Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping.  Perhaps I will get a couple week's supply of Cookie Crisp--probably more expensive than those pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment