Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I wish I could celebrate this time of year with cheese and wine..

Oh, it's that time of year.  You know..it's raining....Forms.   For me the forms revolve around Laurel's 1st grade enrollment into her after school program, Laurel's summer resort time disguised as camp and Rachel's next year in Toddler 2! (Yay..my baby will be in Toddler 2 and perhaps, soon out of diapers!)

Believe me..I wish I could celebrate this time of year with cheese and wine--Yay--forms! But honestly, I am just drinking the wine for other reasons.

Can't they recycle some of this info to the next year?  Hell no..let's start from scratch every single, God damn, painful time.

While giving reiterated information, I try to look to the positive and joke about certain things.  Look at that!  I am growing!
1.  Allergies--nope, my girls have none.  They are just..picky.
2.  Immediate contacts--This makes me nervous.  You never want to put someone, who doesn't have kids, in an awkward situation of being called out of a meeting or hot date.  During the six years of being a parent, Ching and I have never needed the immediate contacts. (But you better believe me, Ching and I have gotten the calls to come pick up mid-day..and tossed that call/kid situation back and forth like a hot potato.  Come on..who wants to be home with a sick kid during non-nap time?) Anyway, we list our family babysitter and a family friend who is a cop..sounds good to me.
3.  Why do they want to know what I do?  Have you ever noticed that?  On the contact form, I have to listed my occupation..which always depresses me.  If I had the balls (or boobs), I would list something like CEO, comedian or hooker.  (Funny how I pick those three off the bat.)
4.  Behavioral issues--this part makes me sad.  My girls, so far, seem well balanced.  (Granted, I didn't start taking Prozac until I was 22.)  I have a dear friend, Sue, that has two beautiful kids but she does have to check off autism and "social" situations on these freakin' forms.  All at once, it makes me grateful, guilty, sad and then kind of pissed.  But then I remember Sue and her awesomeness..she would check the boxes off without abandon and in parentheses she would say, "This isn't a situation..this is my life, mo'fo!"  (Everyone needs a friend like this!)

I would like to think that I have my shit together and get to the right form, at the right time.  Nope..while I just needed to fill out an application for Laurel's after school program, I filled out the whole packet.  (Briefly..I filled out pages 2-14 while I just needed to do page 1).  I got a little snark from the office administrator for my oversight.  I wasn't offended..actually I feel like I should send her a bottle of wine.

Today, Laurel's forms for her after school program needed to be there by 6:00 today to secure a spot for 2012-2013.  I know I put it in the right slot...please, let me have put it in the right slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment