Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Earlier this week I wrote about Ching's chomped ween..don't think he will mind this...

Does your significant other have a really weird (of course, always legal) habit?  One, still over several years, makes you look at your partner and wonder, "when in the hell did that manifest itself?" And of course with me, I need to reason with myself that I didn't cause that issue.

Initially, I thought I shouldn't write about this but, really?  A few days ago, I wrote about Ching's ween being chomped on by a child-assuming it was a thumb or something.  This is so minor compared to that..)

Okay, this is it--Every time Ching enters the bathroom, he must take off his glasses. (Mr. JCW wears glasses.) It may seem innocuous on a random occurrence but this happens every single God damn time.  What in the hell happened to him to cause this?  When he was a child, did he drop his glasses in the bowl..while it was dir-ty?  Or is he just afraid of the poo?  Was he told as a child that he was someone different in the bathroom--Clark Kent on the outside but Superman while in the commode?

I will never forget when we were in Hawaii several years ago. Ching and I were newly married, at this beautiful waterfall, hundresds of people but no public, well-maintained restrooms. There were only Port-O Potties..very ghetto, stinky potties.  It was gross.  I think it would have been better if we had peed in a bush.  Ching and I did what we had to do and moved on but he couldn't discuss it.  There was no place for Ching to put his glasses..so he saw the grossness and the flies.  Several hours later as I was joking about it, he couldn't discuss.  His hands waved furiously and his head shook violently...holy shit, he is afraid of the...shit.

On the postive side, it is very helpful during that coincidental time when I am targeting the same bathroom and I see him take his glasses off (looking like he is going to drop a bomb.)  I get first choice..always.

Is this why he doesn't wear contacts or get Lasik? Quirky..but then again, I talk to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment