Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I will probably give Ching a purple nurple for trying to sleep a little later

(First I would like to clarify something from last night's entry.  I know there are two very good friends in Connecticut saying "hey--you had a lot of liquor before that week of engagement."  This is true--lots of bad gin and grapefruit juice..okay let me stop there.  But that week was the first time when it became part of my repertoire.)

Today the Wangs head out West. Deep breaths--this is a vacation.  This is your loving family.  This is also what you should expect:

My nerves will be pushed to the limit while on the way to Logan.  While Ching is driving, he will decide to pick at his nails which will cause him to slightly swerve.  At this time, I will doubt his driving abilities.  This is not a good feeling going into the airport and to the TSA. (Please let the line be light...)

I will be asked about work which I will say is busy.  I then will be peppered with several retirement planning questions.

I will have to hold in my snark and politely walk away. Walk away..just politely walk away.  (Did I pack Advil?)

If we are out at a family dinner with Asian cuisine, Ching's Uncle will joke that everyone should read their fortune cookies with the ending "in bed"..he laughs hysterically every time..I have heard this seven times..really.  It have never been clever.

I will have dreadfully over packed for the girls and under packed for me.  (Ching is on his own.)

I will bribe Laurel with a special toy, not to be good, but to try some God awful food that I am also gagging down too.

Ching's family will laugh at his lack of "Asian taste" and will order him pork fried rice.  While it seems like "typical" Chinese food, pork fried rice is not Chinese.  (Like being from Maine and wanting to frequent Red Lobster.)

I am hoping for an amazing dinner with a duck that needs to be inspected prior to serving it to the table.  You haven't lived until you have a crispy duck moo-shi with green onion.

I will probably give Ching a purple nurple for trying to sleep a little later while I get up with both girls and have to deal with other Wangs.

I bitch..but I will have a good time.  A rested time..absolutely not..but a good time.

(I will see you again on April 22--with some juicy juicy snark..)

No comments:

Post a Comment