Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

Giggles aside..just some time and Tylenol..oh crap. That wasn't worth the co-pay!


Rachel is sick.  I wish I could trade places with her.  (And this is where the Bad Mom Award comes in..) Not to only take her pain away from her curable sickness but to hope for quiet..because if I were sick, wouldn't she be quiet around me?

Rachel has been sick all weekend..a nagging cough, low grade fever, no appetite and so cranky..even with Ching. She is always cranky for me..but Ching?  Step back, there is an issue.  We used Tylenol this weekend, juice, freeze pops..some things worked, some not so much.  And thankfully Nana was around to give us some relief.  She was so tired of us and Nana..like a new toy.

But Sunday night (really, you know how I feel about Sunday night?), she wouldn't sleep.  At 12:31, she started crying.  I know the time exactly because Ching's strawberry shortcake coma (that he ate while watching The Game of Thrones) kicked in at 12:17.  At 12:28 I went downstairs with a pillow and Rachel started crying.  After 3 minutes, I couldn't take it and Ching was also awake from his cake and berry stupor. (While I complain..it was just some snoring and chop licking like he was a small dog..but I am grateful, no gas..)

While I desert my lone pillow on the family couch..I joined Ching and Rachel in our king size bed..plenty of room but would she let us sleep?  God damn..what kind of mother asks that?    As soon as she starts sleeping next to us..I start bargaining with God.  If she sleeps through the night, I will be a better mother..less wine, less "hustle"..God knows I am lying.  At least I didn't try to trade in the snark..that would be too obvious.

After bargaining with the Lord, and seeing past my flimsy pagan ways..Rachel slept very little.  I took her to the doctor's praying for an ear infection.  (Bad mom..bad freakin mom!)  I just want some antibiotics...not a virus.  But freak me..it's a virus.  Not just any virus, one that makes me giggle because I am immature..the Coxsackie Virus! (Giggles aside..just some time and Tylenol..oh crap. That wasn't worth the co-pay!)

While she has been diagnosed and Nana was around the first day..Ching and I had the second day to navigate through prior to sending Rachel to daycare.  Like an agile mountain cat..Ching says that he has morning meetings, so he can only do afternoon.  Really?  Okay..I will go to work while (Ching) comes home while Rachel will nap three hours.

I wasn't sure how to end this but then as I am writing this, I am watching Dancing With the Stars with my mom:
Mom: "Have you ever her Maria Menounos laugh?"
Jude: "No, is it bad?"
Mom:  "Oh Christ..like a cow farting."

I can't top that with my written wit..

No comments:

Post a Comment