Total Pageviews

Friday, April 13, 2012

Even the house smells different without having a child beg for juice or cheese stick

An accident on the Pike kept me from my Friday Mother Lounge tonight.  While I would curse the 13th falling on a Friday, there are five cars and their drivers that are cursing the day harder than me. By the time I got home tonight, Ching and the girls were back from dinner.

The lounge is pretty special but it doesn't require a secret handshake or extra cash. It just requires someone appreciating something simple and rare..for me it is silence.

Ching usually gets both girls on Fridays and sometimes, he will take them out to dinner.  I can leave work a little after 5:00 and walk through the door into my lounge. It is pretty basic..it is our home. This couldn't work on a ragged Tuesday, only on a Friday. Even though I have five God damn loads and clutter up my butt..I don't care.  I don't have to make lunches at 5:30 the next morning.  It is silent..the silence envelopes me like freakin' heaven.  The silence is mine.  Even the house smells different without having a child beg for juice or cheese stick because they can't wait for dinner.  God damn..this place is mine and mine alone.

Some people feel weird walking into a silent house in fear of what may be lurking.  It doesn't freakin' scare me.  God help that lurker that takes away from my silence.  I would tear that bastard limb over limb.

I don't do anything tawdry or slam shots. When I walk into the door, I don't even do much.  Perhaps I just change my clothes and sit on the bed. Maybe a gimlet or a glass of wine would follow while I work on my blog.  (I ignore the laundry and clutter.)

The television is never turned on..hell, I don't even talk to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment