Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

There are scissors in her right hand too...cookies on the left, scissors on the right.


With all the snark and obscenities that I proudly stand behind, I do believe in rules.  This is the fine line that I think makes me look normal, content...well-balanced, (even if I am snarky under my breath.)  But this morning, I was God damn busted!

My primary reason was to keep the morning pace going and to keep Rachel calm.  Okay...let's reel this mother of a story in and start from the beginning.

First of all, in the morning, Rachel will not each breakfast.  She will get changed, dressed like a dream and drink milk.  While I am finishing up my routine, she is captivated by Diego, quiet as a mouse.  But she will not eat any food!  I have tried everything..waffles, pancakes (you know it...Eggo), cereal, fruit, yogurt...nothing.  Until we are about to get into that car seat.  Rachel will then hold me captive with this kid dialogue:
JCW:  "Okay, let's get in the car seat.  Click..you know click, click, take a pic."
RJW:  "No click...pretzels."
JCW:  (This isn't a god damn bar....maybe peanuts, next?)  "We can click (take a pic) if I get pretzels?"
RJW: "Yes"..(because you are my bitch.)

So I get the pretzels to get her into the car seat.  Not only has this doubled as her breakfast but the pretzels have progressed to pita chips, Goldfish and...to cookies.

But here is the problem.  When we get to school, she will not give up the snack.  She insists on eating it in the classroom...this has gone over for several days when I know it is against the rule.  I laugh it off as Rachel, being Rachel, hoping the next morning will be different.

Yesterday, when I was at home, an e-mail went to the parents.  My e-mail went to my work address.  "Please don't have your child bring a morning snack.  While they are running around (with the snack), it poses a choking hazard.  There also is an allergy issue." (Oh nuts...literally and figuratively...)

Freak me...I didn't see the e-mail because I took the day off.
1.  Rachel has cookies at 8:00.  My justification is that this is just like a donut or sugary cereal.
2.  They are small and of, course, she is running.  (There are scissors in her right hand too...cookies on the left, scissors on the right.)
3.  (And this is the kicker..)  The cookies are Pecan Sandies...nuts, nuts everywhere.  Epi Pens ready to go.

I ripped the cookies out of her hand...Girl, it's time to go cold turkey.  Let me know how it goes...perhaps you could give me some pointers.

No comments:

Post a Comment