Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dude, we are so celebrating Ching's heritage by ordering Chinese on Christmas Eve.


I have 19 days left.  I need to stretch it to the fullest...gifts, wrapping, cards, Christmas dinner, guests...Dude, we are so celebrating Ching's heritage by ordering Chinese on Christmas Eve.  We (Actually just me) are not entertaining on 12/24.  I may need a break...and a drink.

While I am trying to stretch the days, Laurel is trying to speed up the same 19 days.  Everyday she will ask how many more days until Christmas?  She just wants the time to pass quickly...as I just want Amazon to ship a hell of a lot faster.

I am trying to remember a time when I didn't want to rush through the tasks until Christmas.  The time of reflecting on what is joyous has been blurred with entertaining and making sure that I spend the same amount on each girl.

This morning I got an e-mail from someone very dear asking, "Does Ching think that the gifts, cards, stockings, gifts for teachers just come out of no where?"  Yes, this is my role.  This weekend, I will have to show Ching all the gifts we got the girls so this awkward exchange doesn't happen:
LAW:  Daddy, look what I got!
CCW:  Laurel, that's great!  Who did you get that from?
LAW:  You and Mommy.

(Yeah...Father of the Year award right next to my Mother of the Year award.)

Maybe I am just pissy because one of our twin lit reindeer--Donner and Blitzen, was laying on his side, on the lawn.  I am guessing it was Blitzen....

Christmas joy to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment