Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A person with experience, credibility and can do absolutely no wrong in Laurel's eyes...that's right I called my mommy for help.


Not only did I need lie to Laurel but I needed help with the lie.  I went to the best accomplice I knew.  A person with experience, credibility and can do absolutely no wrong in Laurel's eyes...that's right I called my mommy for help.

Last Tuesday, Laurel brought home what she called a pumpkin truffle.  She made it in her current Tuesday club, "Gingerbread houses".  She handed me this baggie (which looked like it contained smooshed crap).  Since she put this truffle in her backpack, it arrived home, flat as a pancake.  Laurel was insistent that it would taste the same but perhaps it may need more sugar sprinkled on it like it didn't have enough.  She, then, put the little baggie in the refrigerator.

She let it sit in the fridge for a few days.  Then, I couldn't take looking at it anymore.  I consider the fridge my domain.  Sure, it has food that everyone eats, but I stock it and clean it out.  I take pride in how the food is somewhat categorized shelf by shelf.  This baggie of pumpkin poo was ruining on my domain.  Quite frankly, I thought she forgot about it, so I tossed it.

The other night, she mentions that she is going to eat it the next night after dinner. Oh crap...pumpkin crap...now what am I going to do?  I go to the person who knows best...I go to my mom.  She seemed to understand the predicament right away and helped me jumped into a lie.  She told me to tell Laurel that the pumpkin went bad.  She said that it would be okay to say, "I asked Nana and she said that pumpkin is only good for two days.  After two days, it could make your stomach feel sick."  For good measure I added, "You remember feeling sick to your stomach a few months ago...remember that time you threw up on me?  Yeah, really gross."  That sealed the deal...she forgot about that truffle.

Now I need to figure out how to get rid of that sugar monstrosity that she calls a gingerbread house....

No comments:

Post a Comment