Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dude, how fun was that to be silly during a time when usually I am rushing, rushing, rushing and have a stick up my butt?


So last night opened my Pandora's box.  What do I want for Christmas?  Today, I made a list for Ching...some items are pipe dreams but some could be gifts in 2013.

1.  We need more "toilets in the cul-de-sac" moments!  Dude, how fun was that to be silly during a time when usually I am rushing, rushing, rushing and have a stick up my butt? (If you have no idea what I am talking about...please refer to post 12/14)  With the old pots out for trash pick up, I truly treasured seeing the girls laugh in our silliness.

2.  Laurel needs to agree to hot lunch.  I can't make the same lunch that I have been making everyday at 6 am since 2009.  I swear the school could get her to eat more food than I pack for her everyday.  (All those utensil-free foods---squeeze applesauce, squeeze yogurt, etc.  It's like she quits hand eye coordination at lunch.)

3.  I want all the clocks in the car smashed in. There is no reason for me to stare constantly at the clocks during the commute.  Christ...I don't get there any faster.  Tick, God damn, tick...

4.  Rachel!  Please, please, please...I can't take the diapers any longer.  I want her to go on the potty.  Her poops are killing me!  What does she eat?  I don't think I have a sense of smell anymore.  Perhaps this wish should have been number 2.

5.  Please give me serenity in the morning.  I don't know why I get so worked up during our morning routine.  We will get there...we always do.

6.  Lastly, I want you all to be safe all the time.  I never want to worry when all of you leave in the car (with you driving).  I never want to worry when I say good bye during drop off.  But I also don't want you to be too cautious.  Just a permanent, imaginary safety net as any of you jump off of any object without abandon (just like Rachel).

Too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment