Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I laugh, and at the same time, hope the neighbors aren't watching us.


It is odd to be grateful for two old toilets at the Wang family curb.  Recently we upgraded a couple of our toilets because the flush power was gone...and we are sick of using a plunger. We had to limit certain movements to certain toilets.  Oh God...I have a feeling that Laurel is scarred by my asking through the door, "Laurel--you aren't pooping in there are you?  That's the toilet where you pee only."  God, those therapy bills are going to suck.  I am going to be blamed for irritable bowel syndrome or something like that.

Last night, Ching and I carried the old toilets together to the curb for trash pick up.  It's amazing how heavy toilets are.  But the act of carrying a toilet, I am assuming, would make anyone giggle.  And we did.  It was nice (but, it stopped there).  I told Ching that I was going to take a picture of the toilets, post it on Facebook and title it "keeping it classy in the cul-de-sac!"
CCW:  I think the picture should be captioned with, "Are you shitting me?"
JCW:  Umm..okay.  I will think about that.  Dude, stick with the spreadsheet and I will stick with my snarky captions.
CCW:  Maybe you could take a picture of me sitting on one...in the thinking pose.
JCW:  Really?  Okay....Wow, you don't have to ask me twice.

The next morning was a typical rush of dressing, breakfast, hair and teeth brushed...but the twin toilets seem to give the morning a different mood.  At 7:35, we need to get into cars...Ching and Laurel in the blue one, Rachel and me in the black.  Typically, hustle, hustle...but we don't.  We take a picture.  The picture that I take is of Ching, sitting in that thinking position, on one of the thrones in full work attire.  I laugh, and at the same time, hope the neighbors aren't watching us.  Ching laughs and the girls do too. They immediately want to see the picture.  (Thank God for the instant gratification of digital cameras.)  This minute changed the tone of the whole morning and gave us a moment of levity.  Without waxing poetic, this is an ideal way that the day should be started.

So thank you, old toilets...while I appreciate you now, I hope to hell that the trash guys picked you up.  The Wangs don't want to be "that neighbor."

No comments:

Post a Comment