Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My London Fog that I purchased on Overstock.com suits me just fine


Recently, I saw an e-mail from Pamela to Ching. The e-mail was up, on the screen.  Pamela works with Ching.  She is his go to for gift giving advice.  While her suggestions are very nice and very pricey, they are not me The e-mail suggests getting me a Longchamp bag (no clue), a North Face rain coat (no, my London Fog that I purchased on Overstock.com suits me just fine) or Tory Burch flats (I have those and they are so uncomfortable).

I do approach Ching and tell him that I saw the e-mail.  Whatever--his mistake.  While he is exasperated that I am nixing his "ideas", I don't want it sitting in my closet unused.  (Like the Tory Burch make-up bag of 2011..assuming a suggestion from Pamela.)

CCW:  What would you like?
JCW:   I just want to update my clothes.  (Girls, my wardrobe sucks.  Ill fitting, old...one of my favorite wool suits is turning on me.  The waistband of the pants are steadily inching up to my boobs.  Yup, I am wearing mom-pants.)  Ching, just a line item (on the spreadsheet is just fine.)
CCW:  How am I supposed to wrap that under the tree?

He doesn't have to worry about gifts under the tree for me.  The gifts on Christmas Day are about the girls, not us.  I just want to be home, with my family sitting warmly around the tree.

The gifts are modest this year.  (Mainly) Laurel and Rachel didn't ask for much so I didn't offer more.  It is about the big bow...the big bow is easy on small gifts.  And my gift is watching them tear off the paper, demand batteries and squeal with delight.  Longchamp?  North Face?  Can't compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment