Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pre-holiday meltdown...not me, but Laurel.


Oh, it's that time of year.  Christmas decorations up, holiday cards out and counting down the days until Holiday break.  This morning it happens...just like clock work.  Pre-holiday meltdown...not me, but Laurel.

I have seen this before.  The catalyst could be anything...soggy cereal, an outfit that isn't right or undies/socks that are wonky.   This morning it was a sewing project that she couldn't do on her own.  Laurel has trying to be so good.  (To get on the nice list.)  But she is also incredibly tired and needs a break from school.  The anticipation of the holiday is also stretching her to the limit.  And then this morning it happens:

JCW:  C'mon Laurel, we need to brush teeth and hair.
LAW:  I don't want to...and I can't do the sewing...
JCW:  (Stupidly ignoring her new sewing project) You know Laurel, Santa watches these moments...I really need cooperation.
LAW:  (Dissolving into tears...)  I just know I am on the naughty list.
JCW:  (Oh crap...)

Are you kidding me? I can't even leverage Santa? And then I cave...I, then, tell her that I know, guarantee that you are not on the naughty list.

Honestly, I try to smooth it over but Ching is doing drop off for both girls.  I did my duty...I made their lunches, outfits out, breakfast, etc.  I have to get to "a meeting."  Best of luck to you CCW.

No comments:

Post a Comment