Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Who am I kidding? I am too white and uptight to swirl my head and say, "Oh no, he did'n'" with sass.

While I have complained about my commute in the past, I am trying to find the serenity in it. The time that is my own with my thoughts.   As long as I can give myself the time, I can to girls in time.  And the Bluetooth feature helps immensely so I can listen to my own music off my phone.

The commute on Friday started like this.  Even with the bottleneck getting to get on the Pike that sucked up some time, I gave myself an extra 30 minutes so I wasn't panicked.   I said a little prayer, reminded myself to be kind (new thing--it kind of works), and settled into the commute very aware that it may take me 90 minutes to get both girls.  The same commute that on some nights takes 25 minutes.

But after the tollbooth, things went amok.  There was a car very, very close to my back bumper--so close that I couldn't see his headlights.  (That's right, I assumed right then and there that it was a guy.)  It was scaring the crap out of me. Dude, this car is new--I cannot be the first Wang to put a ding in it.  I couldn't even relax to my Kenny Loggins play list.  What the hell was this guy doing?  I couldn't get over to another lane--the traffic was quite thick and it was a very slow stop and go.  Even if he did get by me, there were several cars just like me just crawling along.

He finally passed me and gave me this look that clearly said "Dumb Bitch."  I will have none of that, serenity was tossed out of the window, and I flicked him off.  Then, "Oh no he did not"  (Who am I kidding? I am too white and uptight to swirl my head and say, "Oh no, he did'n'" with sass.), this mo'fo spit on my car.

Who does that?  Immediately, I start judging him...his crap car that is probably uninsured.  His three baby mamas and the assumption that he is a deadbeat father.  Maybe he is late for his job at Taco Bell.  I, then, kind of chuckle about how many other cars will have grossness spat at them too because traffic isn't good.  Perhaps if he is going to a food service job, it is probably a good thing that he is getting all his phlegm out now. 

I use my wiper fluid to get some of the guck off my windshield.  It's dark so I don't have to see any of it on the side.  I let it go.  I am not sure why or where it came from, but I let it go.  Maybe it's Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers....again, not sure.  It would be nice to think it was maturity.

Well, I didn't totally let it go because I am telling you now.  Also it snow/rained the next day--my car is now completely clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment