Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

There is a reason why I don't like answering the phone...

I don't like answering the phone.  This may seem incredibly odd to some since my job revolves around the phone (but I push through).  While I am at home, I don't like answering the home phone because one of three people are on the other end:  a telemarketer, an in-law with whom I have to make incredibly awkward conversation while racing to get Ching on the phone or this:

(The caller ID pops up on the television--it says Kevin Krise.  I know no one of this name.)
JCW:  "Hello?" I have a very pleasant hello, calming yet inviting, totally goes against the grain.
KK:  "Taylor's Mom?"
JCW:  Well hello to you too.  "I believe you have the wrong number." Funny how I will give a total stranger the benefit of the doubt when I know with every breath in my body that he is wrong and I am write.  Believe, Schmelieve.
KK:  "I am looking for Taylor's mom?"
JCW:  Dude, I get that.  "You have the wrong number."
KK:  "You don't have a daughter named Taylor?"
JCW:  This is where I get pissed BECAUSE I actually doubt my own sanity--Do I have a daughter named Taylor?  No, no, no...it's been a long day, but God damn--I have two daughters, Laurel and Rachel.  And does this guy think that a mother wouldn't own up to her own daughter?  Is she moody and terrible; mean and unkind?  Sounds like I need to shield my girls from this Taylor.  "Again...no, no one by Taylor lives here."
KK:  "Okay"...sounding defeated and skeptical.

Listen KK, like I told the other Wangs...just two kids here, not three like some people want.  Straight to voicemail next time...straight to voicemail....

No comments:

Post a Comment